The most anticipated fashion fiesta is about to start tomorrow. From November 12 to 18, 2011, Pacific Place mall will be packed with fashionable people, fashion editor, stylists, buyers and the likes, who attend Jakarta Fashion Week 2012. The fashion week is organized by Azura Activation, an affiliate of Femina Group magazine company. Svida Alisjahbana, CEO of Femina Group revealed that JFW 2012 will showcase more than 2,000 attires in 51 fashion shows. There we can see how the designers try to showcase their best creation, ranging from the established names to new promising designers. The schedule for the whole fashion week can be checked from www.jakartafashionweek.co.id. Among all the scheduled shows, there are several shows we’re really looking forward to such as:
Biyan's fashion show
- The opening show “Alliance of Beauty” that will feature four of ASEAN’s most renowned designers: Biyan, Ashley Isham (Singapore), Bernard Chandran (Malaysia) and Tube Gallery (Thailand). The four designers were chosen based on their international track record and their ability to penetrate global markets. Celebrities seen in Ashley Isham include Florence Welch at the 2010 Brit Awards, Christina Aguilera at the 2007 Grammy Awards, Kylie Minogue, Cheryl Cole, Nicola Roberts, Pixie Lott and Lady Gaga. While Bernard Chandran opened his first flagship in Knightsbridge, London. His collection is currently available in Europe, Dubai, China, Japan and Korea. Tube Gallery has also participated in key fashion events all across the world including Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney and Paris.
- IPMI “Colors Of Life, A Tribute To Robby Tumewu”. This year 10 of the Indonesian Fashion Designers Association (IPMI) designers are dedicating their collection to friend, comedian and fellow fashion designer Robby Tumewu who is recovering from critical illness. “Color Me Life” is the theme, chosen to represent his joyous spirit. Each designer develops his/her collection from a single color: Adesagi Kierana (Turquoise), Barli Asmara (Black), Era Soekamto (Green), Ghea Panggabean (Orange), Tri Handoko (White), Tuty Cholid (Yellow), Kanaya Tabitha (Gold), Liliana Lim (Red), Yongki Budisutisna (Blue), Carmanita (Purple).
- Muslim fashion shows from APPMI and LPM designers. You can see the preview of Muslim fashion in JFW 2012 in our article.
- Mazda Presents Young and Vibrant Designers. Read more about the detail in Fashionese Daily article.
Cleo Fashion Awards 2010
- Cleo Fashion Awards. Watch out for this year’s winners including in the categories such as Most Innovative Local Brand, Most Talented Young Designer and Most Promising Accessories Brand. Some of the nominees have been featured in Fashionese Daily like Felicia Budi, Monday To Sunday and Antyk Butyk.
- Fashion shows by international designers. This year, Jakarta Fashion Week collaborates with British Council, Goethe Institute, and the embassy of Mexico to bring some designers from Germany and Berlin Fashion Week, Justin Smith a milliner from UK who will collaborate with Oscar Lawalata, Pineda Covelin a designer from Mexico, also young Thai designers.
- LPM Final Show. LPM or the Young Designers Competition that has been held by Femina Group since 1970’s. This competition has become a milestone for new talented designers to be Indonesian leading designers. Some big names who had joined LPM are Priyo Oktaviano, Itang Yunasz, Carmanita, Tex Xaverio, Musa Widiatmodjo and Sally Koeswanto.
Is there any show that I missed? Of course yes, besides fashion shows mentioned above, Jakarta Fashion Week 2012 still has many other interesting shows. It would be a very long list if I state them all. So, which fashion show from JFW 2012 that you’re most looking forward to?