I’m never much of a fan of animal print. If ever I bought anything with animal print, it’s got to be something small such as accessories, bags or shoes. But never an outfit.
I saw this blazer at Zara, it instantly caught my eyes because it looked like something that is actually wearable. I love the fact that this blazer emanates a powerful aura and it’s so light because it’s made from silk.
What I did after I saw this blazer is browsed through several celebrity look in search for inspiration.
Here are few conclusions that I got after seeing many disaster done with animal prints:
- The most important thing is to never outdo animal prints. Keep it at one item and avoid combining animal print against each other.
- Since animal print is already a loud print on its own, don’t mix it with other print. At all cost!
- Combine it with solid colors that are leaning toward the neutral tone or black.
- Keep the combination from the same colour spectrum.
- Gold would be the perfect accessories for leopard print but keep it simple. For instance, a leather belt with simple gold buckle, a bangle or just a simple necklace to keep it classy instead of tacky.
So what do you think, is it a yay or nay?