Recently, WWD held a survey about handbag brands familiarity among American consumer. Here’s the list.
Coach – Louis Vuitton – Gucci
Dooney & Burke – Prada – Kate Spade
Burberry – Fendi – Chanel
Ralph Lauren – Dolce & Gabbana – Hermes
Is your familiarity regarding handbags ranked in the same way too?
Mine would be
– Hermes; not because I own them, but they only have so many style it’s so easy to remember
– Louis Vuitton; because I browse their section on eluxury, like everyday.
– Coach; their counter seem to be in every department stores, plus I spot someone wearing a coach bag everywhere I see. Coach bags designed and construction is easy to tell.
– Kate Spade; same thing with Coach, Kate spade design, color, textile and shape is so distinguishable.
– Chanel; because they always have the CC in just about all of their bags..:P
– Gucci; The monogram one can be easily spotted within a mile away, the seasonal ones are pretty tricky since they have so many unique looking/runway bags.
– Prada; I know the triangle logo, the signature nylon bags, the glacier, the gauffre, the fringe, the pushlock, and that’s about it.
– Fendi; The Spy, the B bag, the Selleria, To You Bag, Bag de Jour and the rest that have the Fendi Zucca Fabric.
– Burberry; Other than the ones with the iconic nova check, I have no idea about the rest of Burberry bag, except maybe the knight bag.
– Dooney & Burke; I don’t know any particular bag’s name from this brand, but it’s pretty big in the US and a lot of people wear them, they have the monogram ones with the letter DB all over the bag
– Ralph Lauren; I only know the Ricky bag, that’s about it!
– Dolce & Gabbana; I know nothing about this bag.
By the way, don’t you find it surprising that they don’t have Balenciaga, Chloe, Marc Jacobs and Bottega Veneta up there? Considering these brands have more popular bags than some of the brands mentioned on the list.
* pictures 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 are taken from wwd.com