I’m an insurance agent-slash-financial advisor-slash-housewife, so I’m pretty busy and always on the go. I don’t always have the luxury to do makeup but since I meet a lot of people everyday I can’t exactly show up looking like I just woke up. I try to fill my makeup pouch with travel size tools, mainly brushes. That way I can take all my makeup tools with me all the time and dash into the nearest ladies’ room whenever the need arises.
It’s a gift I got from Fitness Magazine, 4-5 years ago. It’s simple, has two separate compartments and can easily be tucked in, which is neat. I use the mesh-like compartment (upper-hand) to store all my brushes and the lower-hand compartment to stow the rest of my makeup.
- Ecotools Mineral Powder Brush – I rarely use powder so I don’t bring it with me. I usually just fill my brush with powder, protect it in a brush guard (not shown), throw it into the pouch and during the day just pad the brush all over my face, occasionally. My skin is dry so it hardly ever look shiny from oil.
- Ecotools Eye Shading Brush – perfect size to help me blend eyeshadows.
- Nordstrom Foundation Brush Travel Size – conveniently small for travels but wide enough for applying foundation.
- Tina’s Dresser Eyeshadow Brush – perfect size for applying eyeshadows.
- Tina’s Dresser Slanted Brush – I used this to apply gel eyeliners.
- Small Eyeshadow Brush – I don’t remember the name of the brand, maybe it’s one of those Masami Shouko brushes?
- ELF Blush Brush – This one is actually too long in size to put in my pouch. I’ve been meaning to replace it with a similar brush in travel size but I haven’t found the perfect one. Any suggestions, girls?
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup shade 5.0 – perfect shade for my NC 35 skin. I got the container from a fellow FD-er who was kind enough to share her foundation for me to try on. I fell in love with it, went ahead and bought the full size but kept the container in my pouch so I don’t have to bring the full size bottle with me. I just do a refill, instead.
- NYX Matte Bronzer in shade Deep – doubles as bronzer and contour. The shade is wonderful but the packaging is too big. I’ve been meaning to move it into a smaller container but haven’t got the time. Don’t know how, either!
- MUFE Fard à Paupières Eyeshadow – I forgot the shade. No clue on the label. It’s a deep chocolate matte color.
- Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo shade Sahara Gold – helps me create that smokey look I soooo fancy.
- The Face Shop Color Nuance Intense shade BK904 – a very dark black matte color. Again, for the smokey look.
- Wardah Eyeliner Pencil in White – cheap but surprisingly good. I found it gentle to use on the eyes. I use white eyeliner to help perk up my eyes whenever I notice them starting to look tired.
- MAD Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Blackout – I prefer to use gel eyeliner as they last longer for me.
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – the one and only best eyelash curler, need I say more?
- Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara – helps me create longer looking lashes. Combined with the eyelash curler, my short lashes suddenly become a mile long.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cherry – my HG lip balm.
- NYX Round Lipstick in shades Tea (chocolate nude) and Perfect (pinkish nude) – perfect to go with my favorite smokey eye look.
- Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Fireberry – sometimes I’m too lazy to wear lipstick and would rather use gloss instead.
- Pacifica Island Vanilla Solid Perfume – Lena sent my sister-in-law a sample of this scent and I immediately fell in love with it. So I bought the solid perfume. I swear this lasted a whole day on me. I put it on before heading to the office and when I come home late at night I can still feel the scent on me, without reapplying during the day.
OMG, do I really have 20 items in my makeup pouch?? I really need to get one of those three-or-four-colors eyeshadow pallete to reduce the number of tools I carry everyday. I only need a few matte color, just to create my favorite smokey look. I’ve been eyeing that NYX Eyeshadow Trio, though. What do you think, girls?