Last weekend I went on a road trip to Bandung with my best friends. It’s been a while since we last do this, if I remember correctly it must be six years ago. I guess I already forgot how tiring a road trip can be, or perhaps I’m getting older and I don’t have the same energy as I was before.
The only thing that came cross my mind after four hours on the road is to take a hot shower and wash that tiredness away. Even though it was already 11 PM when I got home from Bandung. So what I did was to reach out for my beloved Dove Body Wash Beauty Moisture and pampered myself with this comforting and hydrating body cream. It got me thinking on the importance of taking care of your skin and not just the face. I couldn’t have emphasized enough on how important healthy skin is, because beautiful skin starts from a healthy one. So no matter how tired I am, like when I was during the road trip, I still push myself to take a shower because a healthy skin can be achieved through routine treatment for your skin.
Our body skin actually is the same like our face, that’s why we should care for it as much as we care for our face. To achieve a healthy skin that is smooth, soft and supple there are three step that you can do: cleanse, moisturize and exfoliate!
- Cleanse: choose the right body wash for your skin type. Because it will affect the moisture level of your skin. The wrong type of body wash will strip your skin from its natural moisture making it looking dry, scaly and very unhealthy. Cleansing your skin twice a day will help to wash away the dirt building up on your skin, especially in a very polluted city like ours One of the causes of dull and darker looking skin is dead skin and dirt build up on the skin. So don’t be too lazy to cleanse twice a day, this will also allow your skin to get the water intake that it needs.
- Moisturize: use body lotion right after you step out the shower and towel dry your body to give the hydration that you skin needs for the whole day. Even if you find that your skin is not dry but staying in an air conditioned room all day long or exposure to UV rays will make your skin dry.
- Exfoliate: like your face, exfoliating your skin will help to lift up dead skin cells and allow for new skin cells to surface. This will make your skin appear healthier and glowing. Choose a body scrub that have the right grit but not too rough, just enough to slough away those dead skin cells from your body.
So why do I always reach for the Dove Body Wash Beauty Moisture? Because in general all Dove Body Wash contained 1/4 moisturizing milk so I don’t need to be afraid that my body wash will strip away all of my natural moisture. It keeps my skin supple and very soft, while usually after shower mostly my skin feels very dry. I like that this particular type has very moisturizing feel without the feel that some layer is left behind on my skin.
Dove Body Wash also come in another variant, they are:
- Dove Body Wash Fresh Moisture with cucumber and green tea giving that fresh sensation after a very long day.
- Dove Body Wash Energizing that contains grapefruit and lemongrass that gives clean, fresh and cooling sensation to start your day afresh.
If you would like to know more about dove you can also visit their website, follow their Twitter @iDOVEit and Facebook. Because of following their twitter account I came across the ‘Sisters in Beauty‘ contest to ‘Show Your Dovely Skin‘ where you can find more info about the contest here.
The grand prize for this contest are:
- 2 winners (+ 1 friend) 3 days 2 nights Spa vacation to Bali
- 3 winners (+ 1 friend) to get Sony MP3 + Dove hampers
For 100 first registrants for main activity you will get Dove mini hampers consisting of Dove Deo and Shampoo.
Dove hampers consisting of various Dove Body Wash, Deo and Shampoo products