Undergarments are often forgotten because they are items that, most of the time, only you got to see them. We spend much of our money buying new trousers, tops or dresses but sometimes it just slips our mind to check whether it’s time to declutter your undergarment drawer. Well maybe now is the right time to reassess your undergarment drawer and take out those which are not in shape anymore.
Here are few things that you need to know and check when you’re doing the decluttering:
- A pair of bra will usually last you for two to five years, depending on the quality of the material of the bra.
- If it’s already more than two years but you think the fit is still just fine, then the bra is still worth keeping.
- When you first purchase your bra, usually you hook it to the first eyelet on the most outside corner. If you’re now hooking your bra into the last eyelet on the most inside corner, that mean the bra have stretched out quite alot. It’s time to assess whether the width of the bra has gone too big for you or not. If it’s too loose that means, it needs to go to the bin.
- If your body has recently undergone a major change, such as pregnancy or drastic body weight loss, you should get your bra refitted.
- If your bra straps fall to your shoulder every so often, even after you tighten it, that also means that it’s time to throw it.
- For underwear, it’s best to say when you get lots of holes, the material is thinning and the waistband stretches; it’s time to throw them.
- If you happens to wear camisole or slip, check whether the straps are still intact, because they’re so tiny, accident can happen so easily.
Now that you’ve separated which one sto keep and which ones to throw away, find yourself a time to visit your favourite undergarment shop. Some essential pieces rarely goe on sale, but if you’re lucky, you will get undergarments at a very good price.
These are the thing that you need to consider when you purchase new undergarment:
- Double check whether you already using the correct bra size or not, Amanda has written a guide on how to measure your bra size previously.
- Go back to your favourite lingerie store and if you find a pair that fit you well, stock a couple of pairs because a perfect pair are hard to come by.
- When you throw away your bra or underwear, take note what bra or underwear you need to replace and stock. Make sure you prioritize buying these pairs first.
- When it comes to a matching set, it’s best to buy the underwear more than one piece. Because with underwear, it gets ruined faster.
Lastly, I just want to say, I know how hard it is to part with your favourite pair of bra or underwear. But it’s for the best because we need all the support we can get, right ladies?