On this week’s Blush on Kis we have Prinkanidila the Product Manager of Shu Uemura who talked about on making your makeup last the whole day. Putting your makeup is one thing, but having them beautifully done in the morning to make it last throughout the day is another battle.
Shu Uemura’s philosophy is that ‘Beautiful makeup starts with beautiful skin’, so Prinka explained that the first thing that you need to do the following before you put on your makeup:
- Cleanse your face using lotion (or commonly called or known as toner to increase your skin’s water level.
- Use essence/serum to maintain the vitality of your skin.
- Next is emulsion or moisturizer for combination skin or cream for dryer skin.
- One of the most important thing is to apply your sunblock or in Shu Uemura it’s called UV Armor.
- Finally, don’t forget to put makeup primer or in Shu Uemura they have what they call the UV underbase which functions not only as a base to your makeup but also gives barrier to your skin so that your makeup and dust will only sit in this base and not onto the pores. It’s one of the top product from Shu Uemura that is a real must to be used prior to using makeup. Read Affi’s review on this product here
After prepping your skin with the correct skincare, you can follow this by using foundation, powder and other decorative colours for your face.
Most importantly, when you use makeup don’t forget to cleanse your face thoroughly and one of the product that Prinka recommended is the Shu Uemura Cleansing oil, which is sold 1 every 20 seconds worldwide. Cleansing oil is one of the best cleansing product out there which are made from the combination and oil and contain deep sea water which was taken from the bottom of the sea and contain natural ingredients that can penetrate our pores and lift the dirt within it.
To make your makeup last longer this is what you can do:
- For eyes: use cream eyeshadow or concealer prior to using powder eyeshadow . The same goes with eyeliner and eyebrow, you can use pencil form product then the line can be accentuated using powder eyeshadow using the correct brush.
- For complexion: use UV underbase and Nobara Cream Cover Stick foundation before you use loose powder.
- For lips: Shu Uemura Phyto Black eye and lip cream is perfect to be used before applying your lipstick so that your lips look moist and healthy all the time.
Sometime it’s inevitable that you need to touch up your makeup midday. Prinka suggested to always have compact powder in your purse to blot excess sebum or shiny face. Other product that you should always carry is lipstick, lipgloss, blush and mascara to open up your eyes.
If you have any question regarding this topic, you can ask them through Blush on Kis Facebook or Twitter account because they’re still going to discuss this topic tomorrow from 8-9 AM.