Anyone planning to take a leave and going out of town this Friday since it’s HARPITNAS?
If you’re a fellow beauty addict like me, you might experience the same difficulty that I face every time I travel. I don’t know what make-up I should bring or shouldn’t. I ponder on my make-up table for so long that at the end I’m ended up carrying more make-up than needed. From the few travel experiences that I had, these are the things that you should never travel without.
1. Foundation – My favourite foundation for traveling is the MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation/Loose because you can apply it in so many ways. It can be used sheer using duo fibre brush or medium coverage using the caplicator or even full coverage when applied wet using a buffer brush or duo fibre brush. Unlike any other mineral foundation I know, the packaging is just very convenient because it’s mess free and the caplicator is conveniently at your disposal should you need to touch up.
2. Concealer – In stick or pencil form that have medium buildable coverage would be perfect because you can use it on your under eye area and to cover your blemishes. Use blending brush such as MAC 217 or 224 and apply it in circular motion so that you can build the coverage instead of starting with thick. Try Bobbi Brown Face Touch up Stick or MAC Studio Stick Concealer.
3. Mattifying Primer – When traveling you spend a lot of your times outside, therefore choosing mattfying primer over the normal one would be ideal because it helps to keep your sebum at bay and your shine away. My favourite would be Cargo Blu Ray HD Mattifier which keeps your make up last from morning to night and it’s camera friendly. What so good about this product is that you can also use it for touch up so you don’t have to carry around your compact powder. I would apply small amount of the mattifier over the area that will need a little more coverage in the middle of the day. It doesn’t cause your make up to streak because the primer turns powdery upon application.
4. Brushes – Carry only brushes that can be used for different purposes. MAC 187 or any Duo Fibre Brush should never be left at home because you can use it for powder, mineral or liquid foundation and powder or cream brush. Whereas for eyes you wouldn’t need anything than MAC 217 Blending Brush which can be used for cream or powder eyeshadow and to apply your concealer seamlessly. Swirl the brushes over wet tissue after each application so that you don’t get mixture of products tangled up together in 1 brush.
5. Lipgloss – Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry which has a super nice pink/berry sheer colour and shiny gloss will give you an instant fresh face. The translucent colour means that it will compliment every shade of make up or outfit. The added bonus is that it’s so moisturizing and have lip treatment on it that it would be beneficial for you if you’re traveling to a place that have different climate from ours. It will definitely protect you from dry and chapped lips.
6. Cream Blush – Tarte Cheekstain in Flush or Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Raspberry with colors that reflected your natural flush is very versatile to used for day or night. The colour is buildable so you can layer as many as you wish and will work for most skin tone. Both products are multipurpose you can use it on cheeks as well to stain your lips before putting on your gloss. Just use you fingers to apply the blush if you don’t have time handling the brush.
7. Highlighter – Choose any highlighter that you’re comfortable with in any kind of shade. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick is very useful because you can use it as highlighter on your cheeks, cupid bow, brow bone or on the inside corner of your eyes. Use only the lower part of the Shimmer Brick on the apple of your cheeks for deeper color to be used during the day and for more highlighting affect swirl your 187 all over the palette and apply it on your cheekbones.
8. Cream eyeshadow – Cream texture is always easy to work with if you’re in a hurry, especially if you have blending brush at your disposal. Just apply the cream eyeshadow using the blending brush in a circular motion all over the lid, add a dash of darker shade of eyeshadow on the outer corner or draw a tight line eyeliner and you will look fabulous in an instant. Choose frosted texture finish rather than the creamy because frost is always more forgiving. Neutral shade such as beige or even light gold which complement every skin tone will works great – try MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study.
9. Facial Wipes – Just because it’s very convenient since you don’t need 3 different products at the end of the day to wipe out your make up. Especially after a very long day, you would really appreciate the simpleness in using the wipes. I don’t have a certain brand that I favour but both MAC and The Body Shop carry this type of product.
10. Face Palette – The general rule of thumb for this is that the more the merrier. Choose face palette that have eyeshadow, blush, lipstick and if possible other type of product as well. Choose palette colours that you’re comfortable with.
Now that you have everything packed, you can be rest assured that you’ll always look pretty during your holiday.
Tell us what other must have in your make up pouch when you’re travelling?