Do yo know that worldwide, breast cancer is the fifth most common cause of cancer death? A woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minute! You can read all about it here.
October is the breast cancer awareness month, where women gathers and support each other, where you can go shopping without feeling guilty because the money you spend could save someone’s life. Retailers and various brands, from car makers to instant noodles, and especially those in the beauty industries have created special products in celebration of this pink month. Certain portion of the proceeds will go to the breast cancer research foundation.
Everywhere I look is now pink, people are suddenly wearing pink t-shirt, even my local grocery store now used pink plastic bags instead of the usual green ones. If you don’t plan on buying any special pink products, you can still show your support by wearing something pink, that’s the least you could do to show the people who are suffering or whose mom/sister/grandma/aunt/best friends are suffering or have died in breast cancer.
Here’s some products that carry the shop for a cause mission:
Stuff from Coach where 20% (or $100 for the watch) of the proceeds will go towards The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
More products after the jump
1. Bobbi Brown; Exclusive pink flower shimmer lip gloss
2. CO Bigelow; Shine for life mentha lip tint
3. Clinique; Dramatically different moisturizing lotion limited edition bottle
4. Estee Lauder; Bronze goddess soft matte bronzer
5. Smashbox; Limited edition illuminating pink set
6. Sonia Kashuk; 8-piece brush set
7. Opi; Pink of hearts nail lacquer